Drake Tax System Requirements
View the minimum and recommended Drake Tax System Requirements.
Drake’s Pay-Per-Return (PPR) version may suit offices that prepare fewer than 85 returns in a year. You may complete numerous states, e-file, or amend a return, and it still counts as only one return.
The PPR package includes 10 returns for $345, with additional returns available at $29.99 each. After 85 returns, you can convert to the Unlimited version at no extra cost. (That's 75 returns purchased in addition to the 10 returns that come with the PPR package.)
Some additional points to keep in mind, to help you determine if the PPR version is for you:
- PPR returns are counted as they are created in Drake. To reduce the chances of a return being created in error, SSN validation is required when creating a new return. Each return created in the Quick Estimator will count as one return. Drake test returns do not count.
- An Internet connection is required in order to use Drake PPR.
- When opening a return updated from a prior year, you are prompted to either count the return or open the return as read only. All fields are grayed out in read-only view.
- SSNs or EINs may be changed through File Maintenance, but the new SSN or EIN counts as another return.
- If you select the PPR package, you may buy Drake Accounting Pro for $495 or Forms for $395 (2022 versions).