What is a virtual private network?
A virtual private network, or VPN, is a third-party service that creates an encrypted connection that can be used to securely access the Internet. Since they provide an extra layer of security, the Security Summit has recommended VPNs as an additional tool for tax professionals who work remotely or routinely send and receive PII and financial data over the Internet.
- What is Identity Theft Tax Refund Fraud?
- What are the signs of identity theft tax refund fraud?
- What is Personally Identifiable Information?
- What are phishing scams?
- What is the Dark Web?
- What is the Deep Web?
- What is malware?
- What is employee unauthorized access?
- What is a virtual private network?
- What is telework?
- What do I need to work remotely?
- What is an intranet?
- What is remote desktop connection software?