Of all the factors that go into choosing tax software, one of the most important is support for state tax forms that apply to your clients. Drake Software is proud to announce the latest Drake Tax state form updates that will help tax professionals better serve clients in the 2023 filing season.
Note: Most of these forms are new and do not have public versions yet, so links redirect to informational pages rather than the forms themselves. Visit your state department of revenue page periodically for the latest tax forms and updates.
Which states have updated tax form support or e-file in Drake Tax?
Additional forms and e-file availability have been added for 10 states:
While Washington has historically had no state tax return, 2023 will be the first year that Washington filers can claim the new Working Families Credit.
Which tax forms are newly supported in Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, and Iowa?
Four states have small but impactful updates:
- Arkansas now has support for pass-through entity return support, including e-file
- Florida now has support for e-file of 1120X and 1065 returns
- Illinois now has support for e-file of individual amended returns
- Iowa now has support for pass-through entity returns, including e-file
Which tax forms are newly supported in Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oregon, Washington, and Wisconsin?
Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oregon, Washington, and Wisconsin have significant updates to tax form support:
- K-9, Statement of Partnership or S Corporation of Tax Paid (S Corporation and Partnership Packages)
- K-26, Aviation/Aerospace Credit (All Packages)
- K-27, Housing Investor Tax Credit (All Packages)
- K-29, Short-Line Railroad Infrastructure Credit (All Packages)
- K-40SVR, Property Tax Relief for Seniors and Veterans (Individual Package)
- K-69, Targeted Employment Credit (All Packages)
- K-84, Technical and Community College Deferred Maintenance Credit (All Packages)
- K-91, Teacher’s School and Classroom Supply Credit (Individual Package)
- K-92, Restoration and Preservation Credit (All Packages)
- Schedule FHBS, First-Time Home Buyer Savings Account (Individual Package)
- Form 80-161, Tax Credit for Tax Paid by Electing Pass-Through Entity
- Form 84-381, Pass-Through Entity Election
- e-File of business packages
- The Property Tax Credit
- The Credit for Purchase of a Nebraska Residence in a Designated Extremely Blighted Area
- Returns for Multnomah County Preschool in Portland, including e-file for all residency statuses
- Metro Supportive Housing Services in Portland, including e-file capability for all residency statuses
- e-File for Corporate Activity Tax (CAT) returns to Individual, Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership, and Fiduciary package
- The Working Families Credit, including e-file
- Additional Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit support
- Functionality for pass-through entity representatives
Where can I learn more about state tax forms supported by Drake Tax?
For a list of supported state forms, individual and business packages, and e-filing features, visit our Tax Packages page and choose a state fact sheet from the Select States drop list.
See for yourself how Drake Tax handles state taxes
Download the free trial today by clicking the button below.