Product features are usually top of mind when considering new professional tax preparation software. After all, you need to ensure the product can meet the needs of your busy tax office. However, it’s also important to determine which return types and entities will convert to the new program.
Our award-winning conversion software makes it easy to bring over your data. Whether you have already decided to make the switch or want to learn more about the process, here are three things you should know when converting your files to Drake.
1. Which return types convert to Drake Tax
Personal information, prior-year income, fixed assets, and federal return data can be imported into Drake Tax from most professional tax preparation packages. The packages that can be converted vary by product:
- ATX™ — 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S
- Crosslink® — 1040
- Lacerte® — 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S
- ProSeries® — 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S
- ProSystem fx® — 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S
- TaxAct® — 1040
- TaxSlayer Pro® — 1040
- TaxWise® — 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S
- TurboTax® — 1040 (files must be sent to Drake for conversion)
- UltraTax® — 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S
The conversion software even works for the free trial version of Drake Tax, so you can easily see how our time-saving features can benefit your practice.
2. How to start the conversion process
Simply log in to the Drake Software website and navigate to the Download menu and access the Conversions page to download the conversion software that matches your previous software: Downloads > Conversions.
3. If there is a cost associated with converting files
Converting data to Drake Tax is free, regardless of how many files you have. Just install the program and begin the conversion process.
Not a Drake Software customer?
Download our free trial and conversion software to see firsthand how Drake Tax can improve your workflow and bottom line. Just click the button below to get started.