IRS’s Annual Filing Season Program
What is the Annual Filing Season Program?
The IRS’s recently announced Annual Filing Season Program provides a means by which unenrolled return preparers can obtain a ”record of completion” and get included in the IRS’s public directory of credentialed tax professionals when they voluntarily complete a required amount of continuing education. To earn a “record of completion” for the 2015 filing season, preparers must do the following:
- Complete a filing season refresher course*
- Earn specified continuing education (CE) credits (prorated for the 2015 filing season)
- Have an active PTIN by December 31, 2014
* Some tax professionals are exempt from the refresher course requirement because of credentials previously earned or tests previously passed. Visit our AFSP page for more details about exemptions and corresponding CE requirements.
Drake’s Continuing Education Offerings
As an IRS-certified CE provider, Drake is approved by the IRS to offer the required refresher course and the CE credits needed to obtain your record of completion. Drake’s Education team is preparing the refresher course for your study and completion, and we will notify you in July when it becomes available. The other required CE credits can be obtained through Drake’s other CE offerings which are mentioned on our Annual Filing Season Program page.
For more details, visit our Annual Filing Season Program page. Here you can learn about:
- Earning Annual Filing Season Program credentials
- The content of the refresher course and associated comprehension test
- Exemptions from the refresher course
- CE credit hours required for filing season 2015 and beyond
- Drake’s CE offerings