Renew Drake Software
Welcome back, and thanks for renewing your software.
To renew online by credit or debit card, click the button below.
To Renew by Check or Fax
- Click the link for your type of renewal:
- Open and complete the PDF on your computer.
- Do not e-mail the form – print it out, sign it and mail it to us with your check, OR you may add your credit or debit card information and fax the form.
The mailing address and fax number are at the top of the form.
Please call Drake Software Accounting at (828) 349-5900 to renew your software.
You have entered an invalid efin or password.
This account is not eligible for online renewal due to being a multi-site or a new sale.
If you are a current Drake Software customer, contact our accounting department at (828) 349-5900 for help filling out the renewal form below.
If you are new to Drake Software, you can purchase online here, or fill out the New Sale pdf below and fax it to our sales department at (828) 369-9928 or call us at
Thank you for visiting Drake Software Online Renewals. Our records indicate you have already renewed your software for the upcoming tax season or you are ineligible to renew online due to being a multi-site or a new sale.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please call our accounting department at (828) 349-5900.
Drake Software End User Non-Disclosure and License Agreement - Tax Year 2013
SOFTWARE LICENSE AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
This SOFTWARE LICENSE AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is between Drake
Software, LLC (“Drake”) and “Licensee” (as defined below).
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. This Agreement is effective immediately upon opening
the Software package or by using the Software, whichever occurs first, and shall
remain in force until terminated. Should this Agreement be terminated for any reason,
including Drake’s terminating for Licensee’s failure to comply, Licensee shall destroy
or return to Drake the original and any copies of the Software, including partial
copies, in any and all forms, with a written statement that such destruction or
return of the Software has been accomplished.
- Software – The applications produced by Drake for the commercial preparation of
federal and state tax returns, scanning and storing documents, electronic filing
of tax returns and processing of Bank Products (as defined below).
- License Fee – The fee paid by the Licensee for the use of the Software.
- Licensee -- The individual or entity that has or is responsible for remittance of
payment of the License Fee to Drake and is responsible for compliance with this
- Site - One (1) contiguous interconnected office space.
- Authorized User – Anyone at a Site whom the Licensee has authorized to use the Software
and has retained responsibility for compliance with this Agreement.
- Desktop Application – The Software installed on a personal computer or local area
- Web Based Application – The Software hosted on Drake’s servers and computers, licensed
by Site and hosted by Drake. Products included in this definition are Remote1040
and Drake Zero Multisite.
- Online Account – The account of the Licensee accessed via the web and hosted by
- Bank Product – Tax refund related settlement products, also known as “financial
products,” including but not limited to refund transfers (also known as RACs, RTs,
bonuses, etc.), refund loans, and any other products which facilitate the payment
of tax preparation fees from the proceeds of taxpayers’ refunds or advance funds
to taxpayer in anticipation of repayment from the proceeds of the tax refund.
- Approved Banking Partner – A provider of Bank Products which has been approved by
Drake to facilitate and provide Bank Products to Licensees of the Software.
- Software as a Service (“SAAS”) – A version of the Software licensed through a subscription
service via the web and hosted by Drake. Products included in this definition are
- Evaluation Software – A version of the Software which is not for commercial purposes,
but for the sole purpose of evaluating the prospect of licensing the Software.
- Subscriber – A Licensee utilizing SAAS products.
- EFIN – Electronic Filing Identification Number assigned by the Internal Revenue
- Grant of License. The Software is a proprietary product
of Drake. It is licensed, not sold, and is licensed only on the condition that the
Licensee agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In consideration
of and upon receipt of payment of a License Fee by Licensee, Drake grants to Licensee
a non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software and any associated
manuals and/or documentation under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Installation Limitations: A separate licensed copy of the Software must be purchased
for each EFIN that transmits returns. Licensee shall limit the use of the Software
to one Site per license, The license for use of a Desktop Application version of
the Software must be registered to a particular Site and may only be used by Authorized
Users primarily working out of such Site. The license for use of a Web Based Application
version of the Software must be registered to a particular Site and may only be
used by Authorized Users primarily working out of such Site. A Web Based Application
may be accessed at any location by an Authorized User through use of such Authorized
User’s Online Account access information. Upon request, Licensee agrees to provide
to Drake complete records of the location of any Site, and the number of copies
of the Software in use at that Site. This Agreement specifically prohibits access
of the Software remotely from non- licensed Sites, with all remote usage requiring
an additional license and Authorized User for each remote location outside the Site.
- Hosting: Utilizing a hosting service does not relieve Licensee of any of its obligations
under this Agreement. Installing, uploading or otherwise using the Software to a
server with remote access, including the Internet, will require a separate License
for each Site accessing the Software. Drake reserves the right to audit and approve
any third party hosting service for compliance with this Agreement.
- Non-disclosure: LICENSEE SHALL NOT PROVIDE OR DISCLOSE OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE
THE SOFTWARE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF IN ANY FORM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. LICENSEE SHALL
EXERCISE DUE DILIGENCE IN PROTECTING ALL OWNERSHIP RIGHTS AND TRADE SECRETS OF DRAKE.
All pricing and other financial aspects of this license are CONFIDENTIAL and may
not be shared with any third party except with the express written consent of Drake.
- Non-use of Drake Intellectual Property: Without the prior written consent of Drake,
which Drake may withhold in its sole discretion, Licensee may not use for marketing,
advertising or any other purpose the names “Drake,” “Drake Software,” any derivative
thereof, any trademark or logo of Drake or any affiliate, or any other intellectual
property or property rights of Drake.
- Restrictions on Use of Software: The Software may be used for the commercial preparation
and filing of federal and state income tax returns and processing of Bank Products.
ALL OTHER USES ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.
- Updates: Drake may notify Licensee of any enhancements or updates released by Drake
for the Software licensed hereunder. Any such updates shall be subject to the terms
of this Agreement and any other Drake terms, conditions and charges. ONLY REGISTERED
LICENSEES WILL BE OFFERED ANY SUCH UPDATES. These updates will be provided via the
Internet at no extra charge to Licensee through October 15, 2014.
- Trademarks/Copyrights/Trade Names: The Software is the sole and exclusive property
of Drake, and may be protected by copyright, trade secret and other intellectual
property laws. Any use of Trademarks or Trade names of Drake without Drake’s express
written consent is prohibited.
- Licensee Responsibilities:
- Licensee understands and agrees that all decisions regarding the tax treatment of
items reflected on tax returns prepared by Licensee using the Software are made
solely by Licensee and that use of the Software does not relieve Licensee of responsibility
for the preparation, accuracy, content, and review of such returns.
- Licensee acknowledges that Licensee does not rely upon Drake for advice regarding
the appropriate tax treatment of items reflected on returns prepared and/or processed
using the Software. The Licensee will review any computations made by the Software
and satisfy Licensee that those computations are correct.
- Licensee is responsible for the keying of all information accurately into the Software,
including but not limited to direct deposit information as it pertains to taxpayers’
data for receiving refunds.
- Licensee agrees to abide by and comply with all regulations and laws which pertain
to the commercial preparation of tax returns, including but not limited to IRS Regulations,
publications and other applicable laws.
- Licensee agrees not to utilize the Software or any of Drake’s services for any illegal
or fraudulent purpose, including but not limited to misrepresenting taxpayer information,
falsely representing identities, or other illegal activity.
- Licensee is solely responsible for the backup and retention of all data, unless
specifically accepted by Drake.
- Licensee agrees to provide Drake a copy of their EFIN assignment letter from the
Internal Revenue Service prior to utilizing the electronic filing services of Drake.
- If Licensee participates in the DrakeHealth referral program (“DrakeHealth”), Licensee
agrees to abide by all terms and conditions of DrakeHealth including the Guidelines published
by Drake from time to time on the Drakesoftware.com website
https://support.drakesoftware.com/Site/MyAccount/DrakeHealth.aspx). Participating in
DrakeHealth will include but not be limited to sending Licensee’s unique URL to any third party,
providing reports generated from the Software pertaining to the Affordable Care Act (ACA),
DrakeHealth.com or Ehealth.com websites, qualifying for or receiving any payment of a referral
fee from Drake, or otherwise benefiting from DrakeHealth. All other provisions of this agreement,
including but not limited to Sections 7, 14, 15, 16 and 17, apply to DrakeHealth. In addition, in order
to qualify for any referral fee payment, Licensee must have a current licensed copy of the Software, and
be in compliance with all provisions of this Agreement.
- Bank Products:
- Except as set forth in Subparagraph 5c. below, Licensee shall utilize an Approved
Banking Partner to process all Bank Products for taxpayers served by Licensee Sites
during the Term of this Agreement.
- Licensee understands and agrees that fees will be charged by Drake for returns with
Bank Products. A transmission fee and a technology fee will be withheld for each
funded Bank product transmitted through Drake with an Approved Banking Partner,
and will be deducted from the proceeds due to the taxpayer. These fees are subject
to change without notice. Licensee agrees to obtain proper approval from the taxpayer
for withholding these fees from the proceeds of the taxpayer’s refund.
- Licensee may choose to process Bank Products with a provider who is not an Approved
Banking Partner if and only if Licensee agrees to:
- Communicate in writing the Licensee’s intention not to utilize an Approved Banking
Partner to process Bank Products prior to January 1, 2014 or at the time of purchase
of the License if later.
- Pay a fee to Drake in an amount determined by Drake, for each tax return submitted
with a Bank Product from a provider who is not an Approved Banking Partner, in an
amount greater than amounts charged in 5(b). These fees are subject to change without
- Select the “Bank Product Indicator” field in the Software prior to submitting the
tax return for processing, as well as all other data which may be required by Drake
in its discretion.
- Prepay to Drake a non-refundable amount determined by Drake, in a method prescribed
by Drake, prior to transmitting returns to Drake. Any amount due in excess of this
amount shall be calculated by multiplying the number of Bank Products times the
amount determined by Drake in 5.c ii. above, or other per-return fee less the non-refundable
pre-payment, but not less than zero.
- Additional charges, including a License Fee in a greater amount, may apply
in Drake’s discretion if Licensee chooses not to use an Approved Banking Partner.
- Term and Termination:
- Term: The License granted under this Agreement is for tax year 2013 only. The ability
to electronically file returns, access to web sites and other web based products
related to the Software will expire on December 31st, 2014, although access to associated
data may be available to Licensee upon request for an additional 30 days after expiration.
- Extension of Term: If Licensee purchases a License for tax year 2014 this Agreement
will be extended for an additional year, subject to the terms and conditions of
the tax year 2014 License Agreement.
- Termination for Cause: Drake may terminate Licensee’s rights under this Agreement
immediately and without notice if Licensee fails to comply with any term or condition.
The License granted pursuant to this Agreement will immediately terminate and Licensee
shall immediately uninstall the Software from all computer(s) and/or networks, return
the Software to Drake and destroy all backup copies. Any termination of this Agreement
shall not affect Drake’s rights hereunder, including suspension of access for Web
- Other Termination: Drake reserves the right to suspend or otherwise limit electronic
filing of tax returns by Licensee at the direction of any valid governmental agency,
legal authority, court order, or other reasons which Drake may, at its sole discretion,
determine may put at risk Drake’s responsibilities to the IRS E-File Program.
- This Agreement applies only to the 2013 version of the product(s) referenced herein
and DOES NOT constitute an offer or in any way guarantee the availability, now or
ever, of any other Drake products or versions to Licensee.
- Support. Drake reserves the right to limit support to the current tax year’s Software,
and to only current Licensees.
- Representations of Licensee:
- Licensee will utilize the Software for the sole purpose of commercial preparation
of federal and state tax returns and electronically filing tax returns for taxpayers.
Any other use of this Software is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.
- Licensee will comply with all federal, state and other regulations.
- Licensee represents to Drake that the information provided to Drake by Licensee
concerning the EFIN, firm name, contact name, address, and all other identifying
information of Licensee is correct and accurate. Any changes to this information
must be provided to Drake in writing within 30 days of changing.
- Right to Change and Modify Software. Drake may in its
discretion change any feature or aspect of the Software or services provided without
prior notice to Licensee.
- Evaluation Software. If Licensee is utilizing the Evaluation
Software, all provisions of this Agreement will apply, except as modified by this
section. The Evaluation Software will have certain limitations, including but not
limited to the inability to electronically file or produce or process live tax returns.
It is to be used for evaluation purposes only, and not for commercial purposes.
To utilize the Software for commercial purposes, the Licensee must purchase a valid
- Service Bureaus and Multi-Sites. If Licensee is providing
services to multiple offices, including purchasing Software for those Sites, Licensee
must execute Drake’s Multi Site Agreement prior to this License being valid. Reselling,
charging separate fees for the Software or representing the authorization to sell
the Software on behalf of Drake are all prohibited.
- Web Based Applications and SAAS:
- Web Based Applications are subject to ALL TERMS of this agreement, including Site
- SAAS is licensed as a subscription, and is not subject to Site license restrictions.
The following additional restrictions pertain to the use of SAAS ONLY, and SAAS
- Subscriber acknowledges and accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement by
using the SAAS.
- In consideration of and upon receipt of payment of a subscription service fee by
Subscriber, Drake grants to Subscriber a non-exclusive, nontransferable, limited
license to use the SAAS at such time as it is generally available, solely as permitted
by these terms. This Agreement does not grant Subscriber access to Drake’s Software,
data, or property other than for the purposes of using the SAAS.
- Subscriber agrees to pay a fee for each return activated, and all payments for returns
purchased through the SAAS are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Drake reserves the right to place limitations on the SAAS including access to the
1040 series of forms only.
- Subscribing to the SAAS does not grant to Subscriber the right to use any other
Drake products, including the Desktop Applications.
- Subscriber agrees not to provide access to the SAAS to any party other than those
authorized to use the SAAS under the Subscriber’s Online Account. Drake specifically
prohibits access to the SAAS by more than one (1) EFIN. Subscriber will take reasonable
precautions to safeguard Subscriber’s password and keep it confidential. Subscriber
agrees to use the SAAS only for lawful purposes. Subscriber is responsible for providing,
at their expense, all necessary connections and equipment needed to access the SAAS.
Subscriber must maintain the confidentiality of all assigned user names and IDs
for the SAAS and Subscriber is responsible for all charges incurred under those
user names and IDs, unless otherwise provided under these terms.
- The availability of the SAAS may be subject to interruption and delay due to causes
beyond Drake’s reasonable control.
- Pay Per Return If Licensee is using the Software under
the Pay Per Return (PPR) option, Licensee agrees to pay Drake $19.00 for each return
activated in excess of the number of returns included with this option. Licensees
who choose the PPR option may convert to an unlimited package with no additional
fee any time prior to the IRS accepting tax returns for the tax year. If Licensee
chooses to convert to an unlimited package after such date, the price will be $1,615
less amounts previously paid for current tax year returns. This price is subject
to change. Converting from the unlimited package to PPR is NOT ALLOWED.
- Refund Policy Licensee may elect to terminate this
license prior to December 31, 2013 and receive a full refund with no penalty, provided
Licensee returns all materials, undamaged, to Drake by REGISTERED MAIL within 30
days, with a written statement that Licensee has retained no copies of the Software,
and has uninstalled all downloaded copies of the software, and that Licensee has
not disclosed any of the materials to any third party whatsoever. After December
31, 2013, Licensee may request a refund within 72 hours or 3 business days of payment,
provided Licensee has not electronically filed any tax returns with Drake. Drake
will, in this case, refund the License Fee that Licensee has paid, less $200.00
for shipping, handling and restocking. NO REFUND OF FEES WILL BE MADE if Licensee
has activated, prepared or filed any returns. No other offer of refund is provided.
Where return of materials is concerned for the purposes of a refund, TIME IS OF
- Taxes and Fees:
- Customer agrees to pay for Software prior to receiving, installing or commercially
using the Software, unless a separate agreement is entered into.
- Licensee grants to Drake an irrevocable right to offset unpaid Software License
Fees with any and all fees collected by Drake remittable to Licensee. If Licensee
does not comply with all terms of this Agreement, including payment of fees in a
manner prescribed by Drake, Drake reserves the right to immediately cease offering
all services and products to Licensee, including access to databases, e-filing systems
and Software updates.
- All sales, use and other taxes are the responsibility of the Licensee, and Licensee
agrees that Drake may, at its sole discretion, charge and collect applicable taxes
and fees as part of the purchase.
- Applicable taxes are calculated on a product basis and are subject to variables
determined by Drake, including Licensee’s ship to address and Licensee potentially
providing a tax exempt certificate to Drake.
Policy, which is available on its website(s) and is subject to change. All notice
applicable Drake website. Licensee understands that any suspected illegal or fraudulent
activity will be reported to the appropriate governmental or law enforcement authorities.
- Indemnification of Drake. Licensee hereby agrees to
indemnify and hold Drake harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses,
costs, expense, damages, and deficiencies during the term of this Agreement, including,
without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorney fees, which directly or
indirectly arise out of, result from or relate to (i) any and all liabilities, obligations,
or claims, whether accrued, absolute, contingent, or otherwise, which have as a
basis the operation of Licensee, any and all accounts payable of Licensee, and any
and all taxes levied or incurred, whether payable to a federal, state, local or
other governmental authority; (ii) any and all loss, claim, cause of action, liability,
cost, expenses, damage or deficiency due to any breach by Licensee of any of its
representations, warranties, or covenants contained in this Agreement; and (iii)
all actions, suits, proceedings, demands, assessments, judgment costs and expenses,
including the cost and expense of successful collection from Licensee or its legal
representative, successors, or assigns of any amount due Drake hereunder or resulting
- Indemnification of Licensee. Drake hereby agrees to
indemnify and hold Licensee harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses,
costs, expense, damages, and deficiencies during the term of this Agreement, including,
without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorney fees, which directly or
indirectly arise out of, result from or relate to any and all liabilities, obligations,
or claims, whether accrued, absolute, contingent, or otherwise, which have as a
basis the intellectual property ownership of the Software. Licensee agrees to notify
Drake of such claims in writing within 30 days of becoming aware of said claim.
- Representations and Warranties of Drake:
- Drake represents and warrants it has the authority and right to grant the Licensee
use of the Software as described in this Agreement.
- Drake warrants that the Software shall operate substantially in accordance with
the specifications contained in the user manual or other specifications provided
by Drake (the “Specifications”) until October 15, 2014 (the “Warranty Period”).
DRAKE MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL
SUCH WARRANTIES BEING EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. If during the Warranty Period the Software
does not operate in accordance with this warranty, Licensee shall promptly notify
Drake in writing of any claimed deficiency and provide information sufficient to
permit Drake to recreate the deficiency. If a deficiency exists which breaches the
warranty, Drake shall, at its sole discretion and within thirty (30) days: (i) correct
the deficiency so that the Software operates substantially in accordance with the
Specifications; (ii) provide Licensee with a plan acceptable to Licensee for so
correcting the deficiency; or (iii) with Drake’s prior written authorization and
upon Licensee's de-installation of the Software and return of all copies of the
Software to Drake, refund any License Fee paid to Drake, whereupon this Agreement
shall terminate. The warranty shall not apply if the Software was not used in accordance
with the specifications, the Software was altered, modified or converted by Licensee,
the Licensee’s equipment malfunctioned and the malfunction caused the defect, or
if the deficiency resulted from any other cause within the control of Licensee.
Drake will exercise due care in conforming the Software to the requirements of the
Federal and State authorities; however, the Licensee acknowledges that income tax
preparation is subject to change and is of such complexity that the Software may
have inherent defects.
- THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE LICENSEE’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH
OF THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. DRAKE SHALL HAVE NO OTHER LIABILITY
OR RESPONSIBILITY TO LICENSEE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL,
INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE
SOFTWARE OR ANY PROGRAMS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE HEREUNDER OR THE
USE OR MODIFICATION THEREOF. LICENSEE SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD DRAKE HARMLESS AGAINST
ANY CLAIM BY A THIRD PARTY RELATING TO LICENSEE’S USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE RESULTS
- Amendment, Modification and Waiver. This Agreement
may be modified, amended or supplemented by Drake without prior written notice or
consent of Licensee. Drake reserves the right to change, modify or update this Agreement
with NO PRIOR NOTICE by posting the revised agreement on its website located at
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed under
the laws of the State of North Carolina.
- Arbitration. Any controversy or claim arising out of,
or relating to, this Agreement, or the making, performance, or interpretation thereof,
other than a claim by Drake for injunctive or other equitable relief, shall be settled
by a single arbitrator in the City of Franklin, North Carolina, in accordance with
the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then existing. Any judgment on
the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the subject
matter of the controversy. The arbitrator shall be experienced in software-related
- Other Products Provided by Drake. Licensee understands
that Drake may provide to Licensee other products and services other than Software,
such as a preparer web site, on-line filing through www.1040.com, on-line research,
Drake user forum, etc. Drake makes no guarantee as to delivery time or availability
of such products and services. Licensee agrees to hold Drake harmless for any failure
in providing or delivering these products and services, and Drake shall have no
liability or responsibility to Licensee for damages of any kind, including special,
indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or resulting from such other products
or services provided to Licensee by Drake. Use of the forum and editorial control
of content is at Drake’s discretion. All Drake website content is controlled by
Drake, including but not limited to the Drake Forums, Facebook, or other sites and
Drake reserves the right to edit, delete, or withdraw access to support and public
media websites at its sole discretion.
- Other Terms:
- Supported systems are available in documentation and User manual for each Product.
All Web Based Products require internet access.
Select the version of Drake Software you wish to purchase
||15 initial returns, additional returns are $19.00, purchased separately
How would you like to receive the software?